The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved slightly more than $2.5 million in State Trust Fund Loans to support seven projects in five municipalities and two school districts in Wisconsin.
Loans approved Tuesday include:
· City of Menasha – Calumet and Winnebago Counties / Finance TID #11 development incentives / $786,816
· Town of Metomen – Fond du Lac County / Finance town hall addition / $160,000
· Village of North Prairie – Waukesha County / Refinance bank debt / $63,265
· Town of Ojibwa – Sawyer County / Refinance bank loan / $346,336.60
· Princeton School District – Green Lake and Marquette Counties / Install new gymnasium floor / $60,000
· Sevastopol School District – Finance energy efficiency performance contract / $999,999
· Village of Summit – Waukesha County / Finance 2013 capital improvement budget / $150,000
With income generated by State Trust Fund Loans, and not a single taxpayer dollar, the BCPL provides all of the state’s financial aid to public elementary, middle and high school libraries; $30.1 million in 2013, alone. A complete list of the 2013 library aid distribution by school district will be found here: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=24671&locid=145). State Trust Fund Loan monies come from the principal of the state’s Common School Fund enhanced by revenue generated by fees, fines, forfeitures, unclaimed property and timber sales.