Thursday, May 30, 2013

5-31-13 kewaskum house fire

Nobody was injured in a house fire early this morning in the Village of Kewaskum.  At a little after 4:00 a.m. the Kewaskum Fire and Police Departments and the Washington County Sheriff’s Department responded to the fire at 1253 Fond du Lac Ave.  Kewaskum Police Chief Tom Bishop says a female resident was smoking a cigarette and fell asleep.  The mattress ignited and the fire was fueled by an oxygen line nearby.  Bishop says the woman’s daughter acted quickly and turned off the oxygen tank and assisted her mother and two dogs out of the residence. The fire was contained to the bedroom, however the rest of the residence suffered extensive smoke damage. The Red Cross is assisting the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.