Wednesday, June 4, 2014

6-5-14 fire damages fdl condo unit

Nobody was injured in a fire that caused extensive damage to the basement of a condominium complex in Fond du lac. Firefighters were called to the scene at  61 University Avenue Wednesday afternoon and found a fire in the basement of one unit which was part of an 8-unit condominium.  The fire  was extinguished but not before it caused extensive damage to the basement  at 61 University and some smoke damage to other units. Units 61 & 59 were deemed uninhabitable and the Red Cross was assisting those residents who were displaced. Alliant energy was called to the scene to secure utilities.  The fire appears to be unintentional and it’s believed to have started in the basement and was electrical in nature.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.