Monday, February 24, 2014

2-25-14 carbon monoxide poisoning a reminder that heating assistance is available

MILWAUKEE (AP) — The state helps low-income Wisconsin residents with their heating bills, but some people have still resorted to heating their homes using stoves, candles and even a charcoal grill. After one heating mishap led to 13 people being sickened by carbon monoxide this weekend, state officials are reminding poorer residents that heating assistance is available. So far this year, about 165,000 Wisconsin households have received average benefits of $300 apiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.